Consistent and Dependable Guidance, Support and Fun
Children’s Mentoring Connection’s success depends on the life-changing relationships built through the involvement of our volunteers. Volunteers work closely with a case manager to provide mentoring resources necessary to help guide a child, 6-14 years old, toward becoming a competent, caring and confident individual.
It’s easy. As simple as a walk in the park, watching a movie, taking a bike ride, baking cookies, talking on the phone, helping with homework, sledding, hiking, and sometimes just talking over life’s issues.
Children’s Mentoring Connection offers many mentoring options designed to meet varying volunteer needs. Mentoring programs offer six or twelve month options. Mentors are encouraged to meet 2-3 times a month.
- Traditional Mentoring: A volunteer is matched in a one-on-one mentoring relationship with a child.
- Couple Mentoring: The couple works together and individually with the child depending on the activity.
- Family Mentoring: All members of a family are active volunteers and are matched with a child.
- 2-2-1 Buddies: Two volunteers share the time and responsibility of being matched with a child.
- School-based Mentoring: This program may be offered at your child’s school. A volunteer is matched with a small group of children within the structure of the school-based program.
- Pals: A volunteer engages in activities with youth from our waiting list. Pals are encouraged to volunteer one time per month.
- Group Pals: Business, church, civic, social and community groups work with small groups of youth from our waiting list.
- Ages of 6-14 years old
- Live in Hancock County
- Live in a single-parent home or raised by grandparents
- Need for a positive role model
- Willing to participate
Steps to Get a Mentor
Call the Children’s Mentoring Connection at 419.424.9752 to speak to an agency representative or follow the Enrollment Information Request link to fill out our on-line inquiry form.Enrollment Information Request
The Educational Scholarship Fund
“To provide a scholarship fund to help present and/or former mentees with higher educational opportunities.”
A complete set of guidelines and application forms are available at Children’s Mentoring Connection agency:
305 E. Lincoln Street * Findlay, Ohio 45840 * (419) 424-9752
The deadline for completed applications to be filed is May 30th of each year.
The Children’s Mentoring Connection’s Executive Director is available to talk with parents and prospective candidates’ questions.
For additional information about the scholarship, go to our Foundation page.